Sunday, July 25, 2010

Love

I know it won't last forever, and they will have their moments of sibling rivalry, but the closeness between Katie and her big brother Peter is so sweet. I love to listen to the conversations between the two of them while they play two rooms away or watch their interactions.


Last week I listened as Katie told Peter "I love you Peter." and Peter returned the sentiment with "I love you too Katie. I hope you never get hurt." Then yesterday as Peter and I returned from the grocery store, Katie came running up to us shouting "Peter!" as though she hadn't seen him in a week. They hugged and then walked off together to play. Last night I made sure to get the baby books out to record these special moments. Because, as I keep hearing from my friends with older children, it goes so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment